Thursday 10 February 2011

Moving Out

Yes, I am soon going to move out from my parents' house to my very own abode. We have been discussing this for a long time and seeing as I've had a lot of arguments with my parents lately... it comes as a relief to be able to get a place of my own. It's a small house with only one floor, and a small attic and cellar, located on a hill. It's perfect for just one person, and it's not far away from my parents' and Andreas's house. I've yet to get a job, so my parents will still help me to get by. I expect to have settled in by next weekend, and until then I will be inactive.

In other news, my paranoia seems to be growing. I keep avoiding mirrors - any reflective surfaces, really. It's troublesome, especially since I worry about it constantly... There are some things I can do in order to avoid them, but in places such as school I can't do much about it. It'd be improper of me to cover up, or destroy, all the mirrors in the school's restrooms, wouldn't it?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, avoiding things like mirrors is difficult. I’ve been having a similar issue with windows I guess.

    Sometimes when I’m faced with something I don’t want to look at, like the inside of my closet in the middle of the night, I find it helps to just stare at it for a good long minute until I can convince myself that there’s nothing to be afraid of.

    Of course, this only works if there really isn’t anything to be afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I usually avoid windows as well... especially at night. I'm just scared that I'll see something staring in at me - not necessarily a human or so, since we have a lot of deer walking around near our house at night. I'm just afraid of getting startled, haha.

    I suspect that doing as you suggested would only make things worse for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you luck with moving out, Alice. :-D As for the mirrors, I'm sorry they're still troubling you, but I'm sure it will pass, there's not much you can do besides what you've already done. Still, mirrors are only pieces of glass, and I'm sure in time you'll be able to overcome them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mary. :) Yeah, I'm hoping that it'll pass eventually. I've had things like this happen in the past - me fearing certain things, places, whatever because of my hallucinations.

    ReplyDelete