Saturday 19 February 2011

Childhood Drawings

Seeing as I'm in the process of moving, me and my parents have been doing a lot of cleaning and packing. Just now my mum gave me a bundle of old drawings which I skimmed through without much interest, until I saw this...


... Clearly a familiar figure. That is me in the picture. I don't think I could've been much older than five or six at the time. But this means that I have seen Him before, though I have no recollection of this, neither do I remember ever drawing this picture. I guess it's to be expected since I was so young, but... at this time my hallucinations had barely even started.

So... this all dates back to much earlier than last Autumn...

I also found something curious on the back;


More German. Of course I went to search for these words and found out that it's from the poem "Der Erlkönig" by Goethe, and that this line translates into "Father, do you not see the Erl king?". I read through the whole poem, and the last line seems to have a connection to the words Mary saw in her mirror; "In seinen Armen das Kind war tot." i.e, "In his arms, the child was dead." It obviously has to do with Brian, or that is what I believe.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say about this picture, other than it sort of unsettles me. It reminds me of the pictures Brian drew, but all the same they could simply be pictures you drew and nothing more. As for the poem, I looked it up, and all I could think of was the words in my mirror. The last line looked familiar, and I'm sure that the whole line must have been written on the mirror in the first place. I agree that it had to do with Brian, but who wrote it..or how they did I can't give an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they remind me of his pictures too, but I kind of doubt that they are "just" pictures. I'm just... so confused. I have no idea who wrote it either, since it obviously couldn't be me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all the birds in the picture! I count 25 birds, total.

    ReplyDelete