Wednesday 16 February 2011

Charlie No Face

I came across something interesting the other day about a man called Charlie No Face, which made me think of the hallucinations I've been having. Whether this man has anything to do with The Tailor/The Slender Man, I do not know, but I thought it was worth posting some info about him.


Raymond "Ray" Robinson (October 29, 1910 – June 11, 1985) was a severely disfigured man whose years of nighttime walks made him into a figure of urban legend in western Pennsylvania. Robinson was so badly injured in a childhood electrical accident that he could not go out in public without fear of creating a public panic, so he went for long walks after dark. Local residents (who would drive his road in hopes of meeting him) called him The Green Man or Charlie No-Face, and they passed on tales about him to their children and grandchildren. Teenagers raised on these tales are sometimes surprised to discover that the mythic boogeyman was a real man, well liked by his neighbors and his family.

Robinson was eight years old when he was injured by an electrical line on the Morado Bridge, outside of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania while attempting to view a bird's nest. The bridge carried a trolley, and had electrical lines of both 1,200 volts and 22,000 volts which had killed another boy less than a year earlier. Immediately following this electrical shock, Robinson was not expected to survive. He lived, but he was badly scarred and lost his eyes and nose, one ear, and one arm.


Source: Wikipedia Article

There's a picture of "Charlie" if you follow that link, which some might find disturbing.

2 comments:

  1. This information sounds fairly familiar. You know, as I think about it, I had some relatives in Western Pennsylvania. I never talked to them much, but I'm sure when I was younger there may have been stories passed around. I don't know what 'Charlie' has to do with The Tailor, but this is interesting none the less. (Maybe my researching has rubbed off a bit on you? :- ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's interesting! I don't know either, but seeing as "Charlie" is nearly faceless, I thought it was worth making an entry about him. But the connections may end there. (Haha, yes, I do believe it is.)

    ReplyDelete