Sunday 19 September 2010

So, the other day...

I had another encounter with the tall man.

At first I didn't know what was happening. I was lying in my bed trying to get some sleep, and as always I had to toss and turn a lot before I could find the right position. But then I saw something that made me freeze. My door was closed, but out of the door opening... those small cracks... something crept into my room. I didn't know what to think about it at first. I thought it might be a spider, but it was a foolish thought since it was too big and had no body. Just long, thin, sharp "legs".
Then I thought it might just be some shadows caused by the trees outside, but my curtains were covering my windows very well so that's impossible.
It was a hallucination, or perhaps a dream or half-dream. But then why was I so afraid?

After a while it began to look more and more like a hand and it kept creeping along my walls. The fingers were like claws - or scissors. They looked that sharp. Perhaps one could say they looked like knives to, but... the way they moved...
So I tried to close my eyes, see if that'd help, sometimes it does. Sometimes it just makes things worse. Even if I close my eyes I can still hallucinate.
And when I did I saw his face again, the tall, slender man, remember? But this time it was a lot clearer. Yes, I am certain now: he had no face.

He tilted his head from one side to the other, several times, spasmodically. I opened my eyes again and everything was back to normal. But, god, I couldn't sleep after that. I'm still tired, even though I managed to get some sleep last night, and I'm afraid to fall asleep again.

But it's just a hallucination.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I retyped this, I was..a little bit shocked by reading your entry that it caused some interesting spelling errors).

    Oh my..no wonder you were so tired before. D-:
    I see why you were so disturbed by Brian's dream, it's certainly a troubling coincidence.

    Your hallucination seems to be growing in how it appears, but you have to remember that it can't hurt you. I understand your fear, but anything it tries or goes to do isn't real, but I understand your fear.

    If you can, (as I am unsure if it conflicts with any of your medication) try to take a few sleeping pills. They tend to give you odd dreams, but that way you will know they aren't real and that they can't harm you. You need to keep this simple fact in mind, no matter how hard it will be, I can't lie to you. It will be hard.

    But you can do it, all hallucinations come and go after a time, your brain has simply selected an odd one based off what you've read and seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oh, you must've been very shocked then, I'm sorry for that.)

    Yes, it disturbed me pretty much, as stupid as it sounds. I've been hallucinating for as long as I can remember but it has been a long time since I actually got scared of what I saw.

    Yeah, I constantly tell myself that and it makes me feel a bit better.

    I think I'm going to do that actually, have to ask my mum if it's all right for me to take some. Just need to constantly tell myself that the faceless dude isn't real, and all will be all right, ugh.

    True, it had to pick the most disturbing thing to pester me with. I wonder where the hell my brain got the idea to use a faceless man to haunt me, seriously. I don't even have the slightest memory of reading or seeing something like... that, anywhere. Then again, we forget a lot of what we read/see/hear, so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the sleeping pills work out, or at least make this sort of hallucination a little less scary. I doubt I would have been able to handle such a hallucination as you did, as I still find it a little unsettling.

    A faceless man may be exactly that, perhaps someone you forgot or something you forgot that your brain is distorting into such a figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He must be interested in you, to visit you in your home.

    ReplyDelete