Friday 8 October 2010

Dreaming about trees, again

I dreamt about trees again. I was walking through a forest, seemingly the same forest I've been dreaming about recently (don't ask me how I know, since every time I dream I seem to be in a different location in the forest, but I somehow know that it is the same forest).

I was making my journey on a path that looked very nice in the beginning, and it was obvious that it had been walked on frequently through the years, but gradually it became more and more overgrown. Towards the end of the dream the tall grass had completely taken over, no trace left of the path. I turned around to walk back since I didn't want to stray too far from the path, but I couldn't find it. I then became very paranoid in the dream, I recall myself thinking over and over, "The snakes are here! I must find the path!"...
The dream would probably have escalated into me getting bit by a snake - similar things have happened in the past - but I managed to force myself to wake up, so no harm there.

Maybe this should make me feel hesitant (even more so than I usually am) to go out in the forests, or going out at all, but for some reason there was something in the dream that made me feel drawn towards mother nature, so to speak. I've never had this feeling before, I've always been the type who've enjoyed being indoors rather than outdoors.

3 comments:

  1. These dreams seem to grow upon one another, and all from things you've seen before. Such as the hallucination with the snakes; along with Roc and the blackbird appearing in the trees from the bird pictures we've posted. But they appear differently, even though its the same forest no event is repeated so it's hard for me to say anything about what it might mean.

    As for the urge to suddenly venture outdoors, I don't see much wrong with it, as long as your careful. Forests can be dangerous sometimes, but they're fine as long as you know what you're doing, ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do, though it was a raven that appeared, not a blackbird. Are you going senile, dear Mary?! I have no idea what this means either - if it means anything at all.

    Of course. I'll be careful, aren't I always? Thanks for reminding me though~

    ReplyDelete